Monday, September 27, 2010

Freedom of Religion

In the article I chose it discussed whether or not prayer should be allowed at graduation ceremonies. I believe that at all public school ceremonies should not have prayer as part of the process because not all students at public schools share the same religious beliefs.  One idea discussed in the article was to have prayers from different religious leaders so that all religions would be represented. I believe that this is not a very good idea and is still unfair because people would have to participate in prayers for other religions that they do not practice. However, if the school is private and is known for a certain religion attending, for example Loyola, which is a catholic school, then I believe prayer, should be allowed in the ceremony. The article provided examples for both sides which helped me make my own opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment