Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bikeman: Closure


            I truly enjoyed reading Bikeman, which has opened my eyes to a new perspective of the September 11th attacks. At first, I was skeptical about reading another detailed explanation about the World Trade Center disaster, but I am thankful that I chose to read this book. The art of storytelling is something that is very difficult to do well, but the author, Tom Flynn, uses poetry to his advantage. Although, I have never read a story in the form of a poem, I think that it was very effective and allowed me to feel what he was feeling at the time of the attack. Tom Flynn tells an amazing story and ventures into a new lane of storytelling through poetry. I think that the issue of September 11th is one that will never cease to exist and will forever remain a topic for debate and discussion. The information available on the topic of September 11th is so vast and my thoughts about Bikeman are so detailed, that I do not have enough space on this blog, so due to this realization I will end on that note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment