Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Call + Response: Soundtrack

During class, I decided to purchase the soundtrack to the documentary. I thought it would be interesting to listen to these songs and decipher what they are about and what their message is. I enjoyed listening to many of the songs on the album. I especially enjoyed the songs recorded by the artist Matisyahu because I feel that his songs portrayed the message well. I also think that the songs sound very good and can be enjoyed by numerous people. At first, I was skeptical to listen to the soundtrack because I thought that all of the songs would be only about the campaign. The songs explore many different ideas and parts of life that are relevant to the Call + Response campaign. Throughout the album, there is commentary from Cornel West. During his commentary, he focuses on the importance of music and how ideas and messages can be spread through the power of music. I also purchased the album because I thought it would be a great aspect of my presentation by playing the music from the documentary at my station. I believe that this will make my station more appealing to other classmates.    

No comments:

Post a Comment