Thursday, April 28, 2011

Slave Labor: Call + Response Campaign

After completing my presentation on slave labor and the call and response campaign, I decided to continue my research and study slave labor in depth. Before researching, I was unaware that this actually took place and that products I have bought have been made by slaves. An interesting fact that I found is that there are more slaves now than there were when black people were slaves in America. I find this fact to be very troubling and I think this is a major issue that needs to be addressed and solved. The call and Response campaign is a group of musicians and activists who wish to spread their message about slave labor through music and other forms of media. After watching parts of their film, I became very interested in the topic and I want to learn more about it. The call and response film will provide me with a lot of information for my research and can be another aspect of my project that I can utilize. Overall, the information I have gathered and the research I am still completing will allow my project to be successful and informative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment